Thursday, July 28, 2011

Amazing Spiderman #101 : Pen and Ink

A while back I was contacted to recreate the famous John Romita and Gil Kane cover from Amazing Spider-Man # 101. It is definitely one of my favorite issues, so I really loved doing this. The person I made it for just wanted an original piece of hand-drawn art of that iconic cover- since the Romita-Kane original would be impossible to come by. So, I made what you see below copying the original as closely as I could. It is ink on 11"x17" comic book Bristol and it was a blast to make (I had the original '67 Spider-Man cartoon playing in the background the whole time)!


Below you can see the comparison of the cover at comic book size, and the recreation at 11"x17".

It really is one of the all time greats of comics. They just don't make them like John Romita and Gil Kane anymore!



No comments:

Post a Comment